Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Ashincans x Sassy Dream


































Wardrobe: Ashincans and Sassydream
Models: Che Shi jia and Eunice Annabel
By: Fiona Sng

Just one of my old favourite lookbooks at one of my favourite shoot locations ever with my favourite model, Eunice Annabel, before she got so busy with filming that I hardly see her now. I hope we get to work together again really soon cause she is a real joy to be with. <3 It was also a real pleasure to have finally met Shijia for a shoot after so long. (: I love how good they look together.

Thinking back, it's been about 15 months since Smittenpixels Photography started out in the blogshop industry and through this one year, I've met all sorts of people from all walks of life and I'd say most of them whom I've met are really wonderful people who taught me a great deal and moulded me into who I am today. It's hard maintaining a real friendship out of work because we are all really busy with our own commitments and the only time we get to meet up are through photoshoots but still, there are a special few whom I can call as friends and I love them to death. People who are really genuine and kind and work together with me to grow our brandings together. Through this year, I've also got incredibly and disgustingly tanned and challenged myself so much to keep improving to create better images and in the midst of it all... be a better person despite the environment.

I've been really lucky to have been able to be a part of this industry, to a point in time I was told I was the most commonly used photographer. It was good while it lasted, but it's time for me to move on to bigger things. To move out of my comfort zone, and work towards what I've always wanted to do. I'm not stopping shoots for blogshops of course, but it's time for me to focus on other aspects of photography and to grow. Yes, to grow. I've been too comfortable for too long that I feel that I'm becoming stagnant. September has been a good wake up call for me to rethink my directions. The future freaks me out no doubt, but I know for sure that my passion and hard work will carry me through. 

I give thanks for everything good that has happened to keep me rooted, to remind me that hard work does pay off and to never forget to be real.

xx


No comments: