Friday, February 15, 2013

Fosters






Half a dozen escargots $13



Carpetbag Steak with Fresh Oysters $35. My favourite combination of steak + seafood. Love how cutting up the steak revealed the oysters inside, and "successfully surprising" myself.





Gratinated Baked Fish $25



I can't even really describe the taste of the food now cause it's been so many months (October!) but I remembered stepping out feeling so full and pleased with my main course, and the escargots! Twice, I went to Fosters wanting to have some scones but didn't manage to have any, and we ended up having dinner there. One of these days I'm going to head back alone with a nice book and eat my fill.



***

There's just so much on my mind I don't even know where to begin. The downs are so bad I should just kill myself, but my insecurities are already doing a fucking peachy job at that. Maybe it's February pulling a stunt on me. Used to be my favourite month of the year, and now it's one of the worst period of my life. It's heartbreaking on so many levels and I should have been better at dealing with this, but I'm not. Good things are worth the wait, I know and I'm willing to but I just don't know what I'm waiting for. There're so many issues I don't even know how to go about solving them, and so many things I want to tell but I can't. I fear experiencing happiness. For everytime I say "I'm really happy", I get thrown back into the dark after awhile.

Always knew I'm never one who deserves the good things in life.


xx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi for the pics above are you using a prime? I really really like your pictures! Nice color grading!

Fiona Sng said...

Yes I am! For the above, I'm using a 28mm f1.8 lens! And thank you for being so kind (:

Anonymous said...

I don't know anything about photography but your pictures are just so darn good!
Keep your head up and smile :). You're blessed and whatever you're going through now, you'll pull through it all.

Be strong, stay strong beautiful!

Fiona Sng said...

You are...so sweet I'm speechless. Thank you thank you thank you for being so lovely and sweet, to even make the effort to leave a comment like that to make someone else's day! Yes I'm blessed in many ways, just gotta remember to count my blessings all the time. I hope February has been treating you well.

I'm much better now, thank you kind soul. Bless you xx (: